Titre : Chercheur Contractuel
Ne fait plus partie de l'unité
Since 2011, I have been a postdoctoral researcher at ISIR researching a number of topics related to the science and engineering of haptics, the human sense of touch and movement. I collaborate with Vincent Hayward and others in the Haptics Lab at ISIR. My work involves fundamental research on haptic engineering, contact physics, and the neuroscience of human tactile sensation/perception, motivated by tasks including haptic human-computer interaction, real-time material simulation, sensorimotor learning, and walking in virtual environments.
For further information about my work, including publications, please see my McGill University website.
From 2013, I am assistant professor in electrical and computer engineering at Drexel University in sunny Philadelphia, USA.
Selected Recent publications (circa 2012):
- F. Steinecke, Y. Visell, J. Campos, A. Lecuyer (eds.), Human Walking in Virtual Environments: Perception, Technology, and Applications. Springer Verlag (January, 2013). ISBN: 978-1-4419-8431-9
- Y. Visell*, F. Fontana*, Walking with the Senses: Non-visual perceptual techniques for walking in simulated environments. Logos Verlag, ISBN: 978-3-8325-2967-3 (2012). (* Equal contribution)
- Y. Visell, G. Millet, Stochastic Point Process Models of Fracture in Heterogeneous Materials. In preparation, 2012.
- B. Giordano, Y. Visell, H.-Y. Yao, V. Hayward, J. Cooperstock, S. McAdams, Identification Of Walked-Upon Materials In Auditory, Kinesthetic, Haptic And Audio-Haptic Conditions [PDF]. J Acoustical Society of America 131 (5), 2012.
- Y. Visell, Frictional stick-slip oscillation as a first passage problem [PDF]. Europhysics Letters 95 (6), 2011.
- Y. Visell, B. Giordano, G. Millet, J. Cooperstock, Vibration Influences Haptic Perception of Surface Compliance During Walking [PDF] [Read+Discuss]. PLoS ONE 6 (3), March, 2011.
- G. Lemaitre, O. Hioux, P. Susini, Y. Visell, K. Franinovic, Feelings elicited by auditory feedback from a computationally augmented artifact. IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, In press.
- A. Berrezag, Y. Visell, V. Hayward, Compressibility and Crushability Reproduction Through an Amorphous Haptic Interface. Proceedings of the Eurohaptics Symposium, 2012.
Y. Visell, J. Cooperstock, Design of a Vibrotactile Display via a Rigid Surface [PDF]. (Awarded Best Paper)
Proceedings of the IEEE Haptics Symposium, 2010.
- Y. Visell, S. Smith, A. Law, R. Rajalingham, J. Cooperstock, Contact Sensing and Interaction Techniques for a Distributed, Multimodal Floor Display. [PDF] Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces (3DUI'10), 2010.
- Y. Visell, A. Law, S. Smith, J. Ip, J. Cooperstock, Interaction Capture in Immersive Environments via an Intelligent Floor Surface [PDF]. Proceedings of IEEE Virtual Reality (VR'10), 2010.