Titre : Doctorant
Ne fait plus partie de l'unité
- Multi-camera visual surveillance under the supervision of Catherine Achard (ISIR, UPMC), Pierre Chainais (INRIA and LAGIS) as thesis directors & Sebastien Ambellouis (LEOST, IFSTTAR) as the supervisor.
- PhD: People detection, Multi-view geometry, Camera networks.
- General: Computer Vision, Machine Learning particularly object categorization, detection, scene geometry.
[Oct 2013 - Now] Doctoral candidate in Computer Vision and Machine Learning at Ecole Centrale Lille
[Oct 2012 - Oct 2013] Doctoral candidate in Computer Vision and Machine Learning at Pierre-and-Marie-Curie University
[2010 - 2012] European Master in Color in Informatics and Media Technology from University Jean Monnet, France, Gjovik University College, Norway & University of Granada, Spain
[2006 - 2009] Bachleor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering from NED University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan
[10/2012 - 10/2013] Member of INTERACTION group at ISIR, UPMC, Paris
[02/2012 - 06/2012] Research Internship at Textual & Visual Pattern Analysis, and Advanced Development Laboratory, Xerox Research Centre Europe
[06/2011 - 08/2011] Research Internship at IMAGINE/CERTIS lab, Ecole des Ponts, ParisTech
[06/2008 - 07/2008] Intern at Engineering Division, Pakistan International Airlines
[12/2007 - 01/2008] Intern at Engineering Division, Pakistan International Airlines
- M. O. Mehmood, S. Ambellouis, C. Achard, “People detection in multi-camera environments using occupancy maps”, Pattern Recognition Letters. [Submitted for Review]
- M. O. Mehmood, S. Ambellouis, C. Achard, “Exploiting 3D Geometric Primitives for Multicamera Pedestrian Detection”, AVSS 2015.
- M. O. Mehmood, S. Ambellouis, C. Achard, “Launch these Manhunts! Shaping the Synergy Maps for Multi-Camera Detection”, VISAPP 2015.
- M. O. Mehmood, S. Ambellouis, C. Achard, “Analysis of Multi-planar Probability Maps for People Localization in Overlapping Camera Systems”, ICDSC 2014, Venice, Italy. [Best runner-up paper award]
- M. O. Mehmood, S. Ambellouis, C. Achard, “Ghost Pruning for People Localization in Overlapping Multicamera Systems”, VISAPP 2014, Lisbon, Portugal.
- M. O. Mehmood, “RGB-D based Category Level Object Recognition using Kinect”, Master Thesis jointly with University Jean Monnet and XEROX Research Centre Europe, France.
- M. O. Mehmood, A. Khawaja, “Multi-camera based Human Tracking with Non-Overlapping Fields of View”, International Conference on Image and Graphics, ICIG 2009, China.
- M. O. Mehmood, “Study and Implementation of Color-based Object Tracking in Monocular Image Sequences”, Student Conference on Research and Development, SCORED 2009, Malaysia.
- M. O. Mehmood, M. Owais, S. Aftab, F. Shamim and S. Nomani, “National Instruments® LabVIEW™ based Pharmaceutical Medication Device with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA)”, IEEE Southeast Conference, SoutheastCon 2009, USA.
- M. O. Mehmood, A. Khawaja, “Firmware and Hardware Design of a Novel Door Locking System”, IEEE Southeast Conference, SoutheastCon 2009, USA.
- A. Khawaja, M. O. Mehmood, “Approach for the Study & Development of Cost & Performance Efficient Visual Surveillance Systems”, New Horizon IEEEP Journal, Pakistan.
- Review for Consumer Depth Cameras for Computer Vision By Fossati, A.; Gall, J.; Grabner, H.; Ren, X.; Konolige, K. (Eds.) Springer, 2013. Published in IAPR Newsletter, Vol 35 Nr 3, July 2013.
Publications can be accessed here.
CV and Brief Presentation:
- Academic CV on Google Drive (Updated: March, 2015)
- Brief Presentation about myself on Google Drive (Updated: April 2013)
- Personal page: http://www.owaismehmood.com/
- Post: IFSTTAR-LEOST, 20, Rue Elisee Reclus BP 70317 F-59666 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex, France
- Phone: +33 (0) 32 04 38 503
* Internship opening in 3D vision at IFSTTAR, Lille. Details and application procedure: here *