The 12th edition of CRAS will take place at Campus Pierre et Marie Curie of Sorbonne University, in Paris, France.
Surgical robotics aims at improving surgical practice and its outcome, by providing the surgical team with new tools for improved safety, reproducibility, gestural performance and ergonomics. Millions of patients have benefitted from robotically assisted surgical procedures during the past two decades, with a recent explosion of market cleared systems for a wide variety of procedures, after years of a quasi-monopolistic situation dedicated to a very limited set of indications. Still a lot is to be done in terms of research, with three concurrent aims:
- extending the benefit of robot-assisted manipulation to new indications for a wider impact on health;
- simplifying concepts and devices to spread surgical robots to more clinical centers across the World – and not only in rich countries’ centers of excellence
- opening new possibilities to allow surgeons inventing new procedures, notably through miniaturization, minimal invasiveness, and partial autonomy.
In this 12th edition, communications are expected to relate advances in the following fields: virtual and augmented reality techniques applied to training, planning and assisted guidance; new techniques to introduce effective haptic feedback; new devices, technologies and procedures for less invasive surgery and to facilitate the execution of complex surgical tasks; and artificial intelligence for planning, guidance and autonomous operations.
Extended abstracts (2 pages) discussing new technologies for computer/robot assisted surgery are solicited.
CRAS 2023 is supported by CAMI Labex.
- Deadline for extended abstracts: May 15th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: June 30, 2023
- Deadline for final Paper Submission: August 15, 2023
- Deadline for early bird registration: July 31, 2023
- Regular registrations are always open also onsite
- Call for demos is open until:July 31, 2023
To propose a demonstration or to exhibit a product/prototype please email.
- Conference : September 11-13, 2023
More information on the CRAS 2023 website