- Team: Interactions
- Website: https://www.dgueorguiev.org/
- Bio: I am interested in touch and multimodal interactions. My long-term goal is to connect haptics & multisensory perception to learning and decision-making. After a degree in Physics and a master thesis in computational neuroscience on the topic of human consciousness, I started a PhD on Touch at Université catholique de Louvain during which I studied the perception of natural textures and ultrasonic frictional feedback. In 2016, I became post-doc, first at INRIA Lille working on the subjective tactile perception during human-computer interaction and later in the Haptic Intelligence department at the Max-Planck institute in Stuttgart. where I investigated the finger behavior during 4D haptic interaction and the importance of timing for the perception of haptic cues. I am now researcher at Institut des Systèmes Intelligents et de Robotique pursuing my long-term goal.
- Inès Lacôte, Claudio Pacchierotti, Marie Babel, Maud Marchal, David Gueorguiev (2021). Generating apparent haptic motion for assistive devices. WHC 2021 - IEEE World Haptics Conference Pages 1.
- Thomas Daunizeau, David Gueorguiev, Sinan Haliyo, Vincent Hayward (2021). Phononic crystals applied to localised surface haptics. IEEE Transactions on Haptics Vol 14 Pages 668--674.
- David Gueorguiev, Séréna Bochereau, André Mouraux, Vincent Hayward, Jean-Louis Thonnard (2016). Touch uses frictional cues to discriminate flat materials. Scientific Reports Vol 6 Pages 25553.